Monday, August 11, 2014

Updates

It has been a while hasn't it. I keep meaning to update everyone and then something else comes up and I forget and then I am too tired to think about what to write so I go on Facebook :)

Lots has been going on. I will update about Sofie first. Today she had a minor surgery done. She had her ear tubes replaced as they had worked they way half out of the canal. The other reason that new tubes were put in is that her hearing has gotten worse symmetrically across a wide range of frequencies. The hope was that new tubes would help remove any fluid or inflammation that could be a cause of her hearing loss. No such luck. No fluid, no infection and no inflammation at all. In fact, if it weren't for her abnormal hearing test he wouldn't have even bothered to put them back in at all. Sofie is an enigma. She has stumped her ENT surgeon.

The next step is to repeat her hearing tests, make new ear molds and make any adjustments and then go from there. If her hearing returns to it's previous state, we scratch our heads and keep moving in the same direction. If the tests show the same abnormal changes then we take a breath and depart down an unknown road. There is no way to know if her hearing will continue to deteriorate or it will stay at this level. One day at a time.

....and everyone breath in and breath out :)

Sofie's language has just exploded over that last year. There are even days when I have to stop and stare at her in amazement over the stuff and the words that come out of her mouth. It is truly phenomenal. Don't get me wrong though, this little girl is stubborn, strong willed and fierce. She takes life on head first and doesn't stop. I love her, she is exhausting. She needs to be fierce.

So I might try to change things up a bit on the blog. Make it more about our life and living in general and less about just our adoption of Sofie. If I ever get the chance.

I have also started a photography journey. I have been taking classes on photography and photo editing and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I hope to one day be able to actually get paid to take photos of people and places and things. If you never take the leap and try, you will never get there.

Here are a few photos that I have taken. Take care and we will talk again soon :)





No comments:

Post a Comment